Tuesday 5 December 2006

A Blog's Life.

Well, this is my very first Blog. I am a blogger. I've entered the blogosphere (a bridge too far). It's close to 3am and I'm still awake, drinking tea, watching the Discovery Channel (which has severely dumbed down over the last few years) and writing this. I've just had a myspace friends request from a band, which is a real let-down. You see 'Friend Request' and think ''Wohoo, someone wants to be MY friend'. Bollocks do 'Bobby Cool and the Okey Dokes' want to be my friend. Maybe I should turn up at a gig and ask them where my birthday present is. Might get a tambourine.

Anyway, why am I up so late? Well, I'm currently unemployed. I quit my soul-destroying job in a call-centre a few months ago. I was there for three years, and I met loads of great people. Away from the work it was great fun, but the job was horrible. I was in Customer Services, which I'm crap at! I couldn't care less about the customer. They're all soapy-arsed E*Gers. Maybe that's a bit strong, but when you talk to 100 of them a day, trying to apologise for something Barclaycard themselves have messed up, you begin to care less and less. Especially when you see how the bonuses are divided up...!

So, I'm up late because I'm unemployed. When you're unemployed, you go to bed and get up whenever. Time has much less meaning. I have no schedule to keep to. This sounds great, but is in-effect the opposite of what I'd hoped to achieve. I hoped that by leaving my job (I'm still going to the Christmas Party) I'd get some direction in my life, finally discover a career. All it has done so far is give me infinite time to watch TV, worry about money, eat fishfinger sandwiches and discover that websites claiming to offer 'Career Advice' are E*G! Unless you're interested in accountancy. I seriously need some direction in my life. If anyone has a map I'd be very grateful.

No comments: